Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can using the wrong motor oil void your warranty ?

Some may require receipts to do warranty work. It doesn't matter what brand (as long as its a high quality name brand like pennzoil, castrol, mobil, etc.) and I doubt they will have the oil analyzed,( which they can do!) to check its viscosity. Just stick with what the recommended viscosity is, and whatever oil meets or exceeds the requirements if there are any the car manufacturer states the oil must meet.... Just be sure to not use a fram oil filter... they cheaply made and overpriced.Can using the wrong motor oil void your warranty ?
Yes.Can using the wrong motor oil void your warranty ?
Hi Joe,








If the car ';requires'; synthetic or synthetic blend then it's possible. There are a few that do require it, such as some high line European models.





In most cases using a different brand or slightly different weight will not void the warranty.





I'm curious as to what manufactuer Struggling told her that it will void her warranty or that they are the only ones that have the correct oil for her car.





I've not aware of any manufacturer that requires this, it's possible but I'm not aware of any.





Jerry Christopher


http://www.usedcarwise.com
Not if you switch to the right one right before inspections
wrong as in boat oil or household oil?? as far as like 10w 30 vs 10w 40 or castrol vs penzoil .. the answer would be no however not keeping a maintance log as to milage and dates may
yes if they can tell it, I have a newer car and I can only use the oil that goes with the car, they say-------that they are the ony ones that have it,that is was made special for the car--I am unsure, but I do not chance it either. It is supposed to be a special blend. I still have a year and a half to go--I am going to wait!
Yes
look up the small print
maybe, in auto class i think my teacher said it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment