Saturday, December 26, 2009

I have a 2000 Ford F150 can someone tell me the correct grade of motor oil? 5/20 or 5/30 or both?

better have it looked up, at auto parts store. newer motors are critical as to oiling operations. to thick...dont oil.I have a 2000 Ford F150 can someone tell me the correct grade of motor oil? 5/20 or 5/30 or both?
look in your owner's manual. the auto manuf. have reduced the thickness of the oil to increase fuel mileage. I would be aware of the seasons in choosing your oil. 2/20 is for extreme cold, where as 5/30 is good for cold and warm temps. if u r n the desert like phoenix, I would use a heftier oil, personally. 130 degrees is very hot.I have a 2000 Ford F150 can someone tell me the correct grade of motor oil? 5/20 or 5/30 or both?
Depends on the typical weather of the area you operate it in.





I live near Philly. It gets pretty cold around here, so I'll use 40 weight. The summers are brutal and I will put 30 weight in the ole mule.





F150's are the best.
I would just use standard SAE 30 weight oil...good all around lubricant.
Ah Geez Edith, it depends on the temperature of where you live. Why are you using a such a huge multi viscosity? Call the dealer for crying out loud.
5w30 is the best for weather above 30 deg/.

No comments:

Post a Comment