Friday, December 18, 2009

Best motor oil and filer most likley a synthetic??

Look at it this way, if you change your oil every 3000 miles, do you really need a synthetic motor oil. I use synthetic myself because I think it has better protection, but it would be just as cost effective to do the 3000 mile treatment. It would mean a lot more trips to the recycled oil place. Best motor oil and filer most likley a synthetic??
Without a doubt, the best oils are full synthetics. The synthetic brands that have been around the longest are AMSOIL and MOBIL1, but I think any name brand synthetic will exceed your protection needs of your engine. A full synthetic has a tightter molecular chain and will hold up better under extreme conditions.


Unfotunately, the maintenance schedules and ';service required'; indicators found on many newer cars do not consider that you may be using a full synthetic motor oil. They will tell you to change the oil long before it's actual service life has expired. Auto manufacturers do not publish alternate service schedules for sythetic oils, so you must change your expensive synthetic oil just as frequently as the standard mineral oils to satisfy the warranty requirements.


Its is difficult to evaluate oil service life or oil filters without sending oil samples to a lab for oil analysis.


The only oil filter that I am sure had a failure was a Motorcraft oil filter that was leaking oil from the seam between the ';can'; and the base plate. Leaking oil is messy and if the oil pressure drops below nominal levels, no oil will do its job well.


Keep enough clean oil in your engine, and the engine will probably outlive the rest of the vehicle.Best motor oil and filer most likley a synthetic??
it is really depend on how long you want to keep your car. Personally, I would stay away from ';Fram'; oil filter. I would use Mobil 1 and AC delco filter if I was going to keep the vehicle for awhile.
Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil 1 filter for your money if you decide to use synthetic oil. Every vehicle of mine that I have used synthetics (Mobil 1) have lasted for a long time, one of my 4x4's had 200,000 miles and still didn't burn oil.





I now use Delo Synthetic oil for my diesel engine, its really a great deal, inexpensive and used by a LOT of big rig truckers. I need 12 quarts and it comes in 1 gallon containers at Walmart for a great price. Its rated for turbo diesels and is rated very high.





I started using synthetic oils many years ago when the famous stock car drive Smokey Yunicks started sending us a full synthetic oil called ';All Proof';. Up to that point I was constantly rebuilding the top end of my engines due to the wear caused by extra stiff valve springs (constantly at 8000rpm). After going to synthetic oils the top ends lasted over 5 times longer, way less cam wear, shaft and lifter wear.





I wouldn't use a Fram filter if it came free with the oil: http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8%26amp;鈥?/a>
Full synthetic. They are all about the same. They are engineered for racing - so they are OVER engineered for street (in my opinion - Mobil1, Castro, Valvoline are all great full synthetics).





FRAM used to be good. But now they are sub-par. See this link for filter analysis:





http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilter鈥?/a>








Good luck...
castrol syntec and fram synthetic filter





ps wat car do u have?

No comments:

Post a Comment