Saturday, December 26, 2009

Best Synthetic Motor Oil?

I have an LT1 with some modifications like cam, rockers, rebuilt engine, new heads and etc.





I think I want to put in Mobil 1 15w 50 or Royal Purple 20w 50. My car's rev is higher than it was stock before and could use that little extra protection. Any suggestions? ThanksBest Synthetic Motor Oil?
Can't go wrong with Royal Purple.I have an 87 Turbo Regal,and was a faithful Mobil ! user,then my dad told me about Royal Purple(He has a 70 Buick Gsx 455,and swear by this oil.) So I ran some in my 85 GN,and I will say this is some impressive oil!!! Try it out.Best Synthetic Motor Oil?
Amsoil synthetic 20W-50 racing oil: http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=14鈥?/a>
Since your car is modified, you can't go wrong with Royal Purple or Redline. These oils are made for modified to slightly modified engines. Those other synthetics are good enough for stock engines and normal driving.
Mobil 1 has the largest oil company in the world behind it, the most research and has been around longest. If the oil is good enough for for a F1 car running at 18,000 RPM its good enough for an LT 1.
I'd go with royal purple. I've heard it works really well. Plus its 20w not 15w. That will help in a higher powered engine. Plus royal purple is made especially for modified engines.
http://Redlineoil.com

No comments:

Post a Comment