Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The right type of motor oil?

i have a 2003 chevy silverado 5.3L truck, and would like to know whats the best motor oil for this truck, i''ve heard that castro synthic oil would be good to get the most out my truck, but want to know if their is a better motor oil?The right type of motor oil?
I use Mobile One as recommended from the factory. Car is 12 years old and rockers look new.The right type of motor oil?
Synthetic oils are great and better for higher temp tolerance (and doesn't freeze as easily). So if you drive in really hot climate (the desserts) or really cold climate (or just cold winter), synthetic i oils are great.





Also TURBO engine require synthetic as the turbo charger will cook regular oil. They are suppose to last longer, but if you just change oil regularly even regular oil is good enough.








Good Luck...
Royal purple, mobil 1, redline, valvoline synthetic, ETC., they are all good.
I use 5w 20 Royal Purple in my 2001 GMC 4.8L V8. I also tried Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, %26amp; Valvoline. All are good but I find I get better horspower %26amp; gas mileage with the Royal Purple oil. I have yet to try Amsoil but I here it is a good oil also.
to start use the right grade 5w30 that is what the engine was built for. then the only question is how often do you want to change it. Synthetic is a good choice it is more stable at temperatures.


FYI the Chevrolet Corvette uses mobile 1 from the factory.


I prefer amsoil I send tests in every 6 months and usually get 1+ years on a oil change.
royal purple and redline are the best hands down, but i have a 2000 silverado that has had penzoil conventional 5w-30 since it was new it now has around 150,000 on it and still runs like a champ

No comments:

Post a Comment