Saturday, December 26, 2009

How many miles do you change you motor oil in your car?

At least every 3000 don't believe people when they say 5000 or even 6000 especially if you use conventional oilHow many miles do you change you motor oil in your car?
If you are smarter than the average bear, you will be using a finer synthetic oil in your ride. These oils can last 3 times longer than regular oils, and clean the engine as you drive instead of making sludge. They improve fuel mileage, reduce engine wear, and reduce emissions. Check your dipstick regularly. When these oils get very dark or thick, it's time to change. Amsoil oil promises 25,000 miles or one year. Forget about regular oils. Take them right out of your consciousness. Read the label of the oil you choose. THe name of your car-maker should appear somewhere on the back label,as in, ';meetes or exceeds the requirements of GM specifications,'; or ';engineered for use in VW requiring specification 502/505.'; Etc. Get it, Booboo???How many miles do you change you motor oil in your car?
Every 3,000 miles. I change the filter, too-- every single time. What's the point in getting the dirty oil out if you're going to have clean oil running back through a dirty filter?





The 3,000-mile interval is the ';severe duty'; change interval in my owner's manual (2006 Ford Ranger 2.3L), and given that I drive mostly long stretches of divided 65-mph highway, I could probably use the ';moderate duty'; service interval-- I think it's every 5,000 miles. But I only have to change my oil three or four times a year, and given that the Motorcraft OEM oil and filter are relatively cheap, I figure it's cheap insurance that will give my truck a longer life. It doesn't hurt that I'm giving myself a good excuse to get under the truck every 3,000 miles and check the other vital areas (transmission fluid, rear differential level, tie rods, ball joints, coolant, air filter, power steering fluid, brake fluid, etc.).
With a new car under the power train warranty, I take it into the dealer according to the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. Once my cars are out of warranty, I change the oil every 9,000 miles with an OEM oil filter and http://www.mobiloil.com synthetic oil.
3,000 miles or 3 months, they have done studys that say if you do nothing but highway miles its safe to change it 6,000 miles, but if you do a lot of short drives in the town do it every 3,000. i change mine every 3,000 cause i like to take care of my engine
I change it 4 times a year: March, June, September, %26amp; December. This works out to about every 4,000 miles. I prefer to have clean oil as I enter each of the seasons.
normally i change it every month. no matter how far it goes. the different is the older the car is, the cheaper oil i use.
Every three months for three thousand miles. I actually don't know, I'm in lecture right now and I just asked my instructor.
well normally its every 3000 miles but now they are starting to make oil and filters to last long like 5 to 8 thousand miles
Every 3000 miles.
I change mine every 3,000 miles.
When it starts looking dirty on the dipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment