Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have an electric generator in my motor Home which needs oil. What kind of oil does a generator use?

30 w oil is what you what to use, A 10w 30 or 10w40 will not provide enough lubrication when the engine is hot!!





You should actually change the oil in the generator regularly, it usually is a very easy thing to do, and will increase your engine life!I have an electric generator in my motor Home which needs oil. What kind of oil does a generator use?
It uses the same kind of motor oil as your vehicle's engine. I recommend using a name brand (such as Quaker State, Valvoline, Mobil, Shell, etc.) and going with a 10W-40 weight. It should be rated at least ';SF.';





If your vehicle and generator are diesels, be sure the oil you get is rated for diesels. Almost all quality motor oils today are fine for both diesel and gasoline engines.I have an electric generator in my motor Home which needs oil. What kind of oil does a generator use?
I would use a good grade standard 30W.. But if you have the money, I would use a synthetic 30W. I have a 5KW onan.. And I use the standard 30W.. And it works great.. And I have used it over 10 years.. But you could always check with the Manufacture..





Dave
ANY SMALL ENGINE OIL IF YOU DON'T KNOW GO TO A SMALL ENGINE YOU NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS A 2STROKE OR 4STROKE ENGINE MOTOR BIKE SHOPS WILL HELP YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment