Thursday, January 7, 2010

I accidentally put a little of transmission oil in my motor ?

That will not harm anything. Transmission fluid is high detergent and will actually clean sludge out of the engine. Less than an ounce added to the oil will not even do much in the way of removing sludge.





You have nothing to worry about. When you have the oil changed again, it may appear dirtier than normal, but other than that, there will be no effect!


I accidentally put a little of transmission oil in my motor ?
welll lets see. if you put in say a half quart i would change it. but dont get upset because trans oil is a good way to get all that sludge out of the engines oil passages. and a 1/2 quart is just about right. so run it around town for a day or 3 and change it.I accidentally put a little of transmission oil in my motor ?
it won,t harm your motor. if anything it will clean your motor. just drive it and when the next time comes around to change it just change the oil and filter. believe me, your motor will be just fine. if your talking just a little bit then it won,t hurt nothing.
Trans oil is 10 weight oil. this only will 'thin' the oil a little,the additives added to #10 oil to make it better for trans will cause no damage to your engine. So if you added a quart or less you have done no harm.





';BRILLIANT';!!!!
Your crankcase usually holds an extra quart of oil anyway. Just on the next change then you be ok. The oil is thinner and does breakdown on excessive heat. Not very good of lubrication hot parts.
I would do a full oil change immediately and you should be ok. I wouldnt drive anywhere with transmission oil in the motor though.
It all depends on how much ';a little'; is...

No comments:

Post a Comment