Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does any one know what kind of motor oil i have to put in my 1980 Oldsmobile delta88 its a v8 5.7?

Got a 80 in a caprice. Go with a 10w-30 high mileage oil... these high mileage oils contain extra seal ';conditioners'; and have a beefier additive pack, and are also on the thick side of they're viscosity..... Take regular conventional pennzoil.... maybe 10.5 cst, thats a thin 30 weight at operating temp... the high mileage version is around 12... almost a 40 weight. I personally prefer pennzoil high mileage in my old 80.... be sure to use a good wix oil filter. NO cheaply made fram.Does any one know what kind of motor oil i have to put in my 1980 Oldsmobile delta88 its a v8 5.7?
It would probally be best to use 10W-30 motor oil.Does any one know what kind of motor oil i have to put in my 1980 Oldsmobile delta88 its a v8 5.7?
name brand 10W40 unless you live in very cold climate then use 5W30-I prefer Pennzoil
10w40 in summer and 10w30 in winter
Depending on your location, you will need a multi-viscosity grade oil. Colder climates something like 10w30, hot climates you can go up to 20w50. With the age of the car it is probably safe to assume you have high miles. Many name brand companies produce HIGH MILEAGE oils for cars with high miles. They have extra added detergents and lubricants to help maintain your engines ability to continue on for many more miles. I personally like Castrol GTX. Good luck.
Well if you live here in Texas where I live, I would use 10 w-30, name brand IE Quaker Stata, Penziol, or Mobile 1

No comments:

Post a Comment